Fish Shell prompt for Astronauts.
Spacefish is a minimalistic, powerful and extremely customizable Fish Shell prompt. It combines everything you may need for convenient work, without unnecessary complications, like a real spacefish.
Vist Troubleshooting for instructions to recreate this terminal setup.
- Clever hostname and username displaying.
- Indicator if user is root.
- Prompt character turns red if the last command exits with non-zero code.
- Current Git branch and rich repo status:
?— untracked changes;
+— uncommitted changes in the index;
!— unstaged changes;
»— renamed files;
✘— deleted files;
$— stashed changes;
=— unmerged changes;
⇡— ahead of remote branch;
⇣— behind of remote branch;
⇕— diverged changes.
- Indicator for jobs in the background (
- Current Node.js version, through nvm/nodenv/n (
- Current Docker version and connected machine (
- Current Ruby version, through rvm/rbenv/chruby/asdf (
- Current Go version (
- Current PHP version (
- Current Rust version (
- Current version of Haskell GHC Compiler, defined in stack.yaml file (
- Current Julia version (
- Current Amazon Web Services (AWS) profile (
☁️) (Using named profiles).
- Current Python virtualenv.
- Current Conda version (
- Current Elixir Version (
- Current Python pyenv (
- Current .NET SDK version, through dotnet-cli (
- Current Kubectl context (
- Package version, if there is a package in current directory (
- Current battery level and status:
•- fully charged.
- Current Vi-mode mode.
- Optional exit-code of last command.
- Optional time stamps 12/24hr in format.
- Execution time of the last command if it exceeds 5 seconds.
Want more features? Please open an issue or send pull request!
To get spacefish working correctly, you will need:
$ fisher add matchai/spacefish
$ omf install spacefish
Spacefish works really well out of the box, but you can customize your fish to your heart's content!
- Options — Tweak section's behavior with tons of options.
You have the ability to customize or disable specific elements of Spacefish. All options must be overridden in your
Having issues? Take a look at our Troubleshooting page.
Still struggling? Please file an issue, describe your problem, and we will gladly help you.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!
MIT © Matan Kushner